Friday, May 27, 2005

playtime iii: a winner

The answer to this week's round, PURE ART is a new, yellow BMW M5.

Matherita's guess of a yellow Ferrari was very good, though the guy didn't look quite like a gallery owner.

Miss Kate's guess of a "definitely yellow" VW Bug driven by a 30-something graphic artist was closer. The guy was definitely more graphic artist than gallery owner. The fin thing on the hood though, that lost ya points.

Truly, you two channeled the color yellow from this plate and for that you both win the Color Achievement Award.

Nils' graffiti art covered van guess guarantees her the If She Doesn't Get Some Sort Of Award She Will Not Play This Game Ever Again Award. Hazak hazak venithazek.

Crackhead thinks this whole thing is fixed and she is probably right. Perhaps you need to buy some presents for the powers that be.

Sylow. I know that your guess is only an attempt to milk another honorary award this week. Well, it just ain't gonna happen buddy!!

Weinkraut should be happy to know that somebody contacted me and told me that they didn't guess because that damned weinkraut stole their exact guess. Or maybe that doesn't make you happy. Either way, it's the truth.

Here's the story with redballoon's guess. Many many eons ago, a good friend of mine and I were driving on a remote road in the foothills above Santa Barbara when a monkey ran across the road right in front of our car. Upon our return to civilization, the general disbelief of the event by everyone we knew was so overwhelmingly intense that at times my buddy even began to doubt. Redballoon also disbelieved. But she also loves me so she lovingly told me that she believed that I believed I saw a monkey. So let me say in response to your guess, I love you too.

Quote from last week's winner: next time the car and on to more victories!

and damned if she didn't guess the exact make and model! Color was off, but not everyone can win the Color Achievement Award and driver wasn't quite on but made up for it with an entertaining description. So, back-to-back victories it is for marybishop. Congrats!

p.s. Honorary Co-judging Award goes to Sylow.

7 Comments:

Blogger mary bishop said...

I will take a bow...thank you, now how can I channel my car visions into some cash? Why can't I pick the Powerball winning numbers?

Do all the other players hate me for life?

Can I get a job as a psychic detective?

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet I won loudest guess....

11:13 AM  
Blogger mary bishop said...

Well crackhead, since no one else is commenting here, I say you did win loudest guess!

7:49 PM  
Blogger sparklestone said...

Forget it marybishop. After your back-to-back victories, my blogspace is a veritable ghost town.

I will have to start over with a whole new identity. I will let you know it is me when I feel the time is right.

10:21 AM  
Blogger mary bishop said...

Sparklestone, Alas, although they say everybody loves a winner - t'aint true...the blood boils, the lip twitches, the nostrils flare when one person gets back to back victories.

Is it my fault I have "powers" that most people don't have?

I think not!

Do you think Sylow believes you are "throwing" the contest here??

12:17 PM  
Blogger Sylow_P said...

As honorary co-judge, I can certify that 'Playtime III' was indeed fairly and accuratley thrown, I mean decided.

It was a tough decision. The key in this kind of judging is to remember that some people are better losers that others, and I value my personal safety.

9:54 AM  
Blogger mary bishop said...

Well where's the new playtime quiz?

Come on, I haven't won anything lately... ha ha.

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

CURRENT TERROR ALERT LEVEL
Terror Alert Level