Sunday, May 08, 2005

a sunday afternoon the way sunday afternoons should be

Back in West Virginia, second weekend in a row. People here in this small town are starting to recognize me. Saw a klezmer band last night. I love the idea of klezmer in West Virginia and I really wanted to like the band, but I just didn't. Good klezmer has to make you feel...in the most joyous, upbeat moment of wedding dance, a good klezmer band will remind you to feel just a little bit sad so that can remember to feel just a little bit happier. Still good music, though.

Everyone went for a hike today and I took a long bike ride in the mountains by myself. Serenity and even just plain relaxation have been eluding me these day. Bike ride helped some. Need a week straight of that. Sitting here listening to bluegrass, drinking espresso and blogging diary style also helps.

Lately I feel I've been living a mundane existence. I don't feel like I need to carpe the diem each and every diem, but I can't think of anything I've done lately to cause any sort of ripple. Not a ripple in my own pond.

Damn, that guy's ice cream cone looks good.

I feel I've been taking everything for granted for quite some time now. Just a few slow days like this where I can sit an think about the things which are important to me are as essential as food and water.

I am pretty happy guy, sittin here with my second double espresso which just arrived. Now if Miss Kate would only show up.

5 Comments:

Blogger mary bishop said...

I like your title for this post.

I adore Sunday afternoons IF they are spent in a quiet peaceful way -nothing better on a cold winter Sunday than sitting by the fire doing the New York Times crossword puzzle - summer Sundays? Sitting outside with a boat drink ala Jimmy Buffet, a good book, toes in the grass...no company!

Spring and Fall, I'll take a movie marathon, popcorn and pears and gruyere and an oaky white wine in the best glasses we own. (chilled)

Ah, wish it were Sunday...

11:52 AM  
Blogger Miss Kate said...

Hey Baby, add to your afternoon above: nap in the sun with my friends while you and some other friends play your guitars, then a nap inside with you... Then me and you cooking dinner for an appreciative house then walking back to the Fiddle for some o' dat ice cream.

We need more and more days like that, Honey Love. What will it take to get there?

8:22 PM  
Blogger Sylow_P said...

Money. And lot's of it. Retirement will help too.

2:37 PM  
Blogger mary bishop said...

For my sake, for your sake and for crissakes...it's almost Friday and you've got that same Sunday post up...you may not get two Sundays' worth of one post. Double dipping.

10:44 PM  
Blogger sparklestone said...

marybishop, In my defense, let me say that Miss Kate is out of town at a conference and she is my inspiration, my blogging muse.

I will reach into the depths and try to find something to say after waking up alone in the bed.

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

CURRENT TERROR ALERT LEVEL
Terror Alert Level