Monday, May 16, 2005

playtime ii: a winner

Another tough one.

The answer is a mid-40ish blonde woman in a blue Honda Accord from around 2000.

The Capt's first guess, metallic grey Toyota or Acura sedan, is probably the closest as far as the car goes, but the rest was way off. AND if you apply Sylow's Theorem W=Q*1/-N(A*S), he is way WAY off.

Sylow's guess has the car way off as well. I think the actual woman would be able to pull off the woman he described if she was acting in a play or something. However, once again you get a kind of a subprize by having a Theorem named after you.

redballon, no on camaro, no on mullet. not sure if the camaro or the girl are supposed to be black in your guess, but doesn't really matter.

matherita, nope. (but I still use your recipe to make matheritas, so you get credit for that)

weinkraut, as i learned back in cataloguing class... you piggyback off of Sylow, you're gonna get burned.

J, perhaps you win the Wrongest Award.

Or perhaps not! Nils comes in with a late-entry Super Wrong Answer. (addendum: Oh, but so imaginitive and well-written. I simply cannot wait for your answer to the next puzzle)

which leaves marybishop. her answer, I see a 40ish blonde woman in a red jeep, was simple, even poetic, and this week's winner. Congratulations marybishop.

I still haven't gotten the Capt his prize (an audio file of my rendition of Two Tickets to Paradise). I need to buy a new microphone for my computer and actually learn the lyrics. But I am close.

So...marybishop, if you want a sparklestonization of some song, let me know. Maybe we can just make that the ongoing prize.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried to post my answer about a newish chevy silverado with oversized tires....but they were doing maintenence. Would I have won?

11:08 AM  
Blogger sparklestone said...

Ah, the old "they were doing maintenance" excuse. I remember using that one on a paper I needed to turn in for Shiflett.

Yes, you would have won the Grand Prize. Better luck next time.

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if your gaydar was better, I would have won...

alas.

1:06 PM  
Blogger sparklestone said...

redballon, you really might be right. However, the mullet was way off base.

1:32 PM  
Blogger mary bishop said...

I won I won neener neener neener - this time the driver -- next time the car and on to more victories!

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you win something for having the wrongest answer?

5:56 PM  
Blogger sparklestone said...

Nils, if I say yes to your question then in the next contest people will be guessing things like a young Rutherford B. Hayes driving a motorized luge. Not gonna happen.

7:06 PM  
Blogger Sylow_P said...

I'm thinking about changing my name to "The Queen of honorable mentions" due to my continued 'always a bridesmaid never a bride' status on this so called playtime contest. I'm feeling quite doomed.

What do the rest of you think?

9:23 PM  
Blogger mary bishop said...

sparklestone says: Nils, if I say yes to your question then in the next contest people will be guessing things like a young Rutherford B. Hayes driving a motorized luge. Not gonna happen.

Hilarious! Still laughing after about 5 minutes...

sylow - I once had no hope of ever winning "playtime" and then I started seeing a psychic and meditating and the rest is history...

6:13 AM  
Blogger sparklestone said...

glad to tickle your funnybone there, marybishop. we aims to please over here at thorn and thistle

sylow, there have only been two contests so far and you have made a splash in both of them. i think the other contestants who have also been in both but not won even an honorable mention might come up with some other nicknames for you.

so let's hear em, gang.

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think my intimidation tactics are working on Sylow...He would never make the cut on my girls rugby team...

9:16 AM  
Blogger Sylow_P said...

Must be the crack talking again.

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

CURRENT TERROR ALERT LEVEL
Terror Alert Level