Thursday, April 14, 2005

give me some help so i know what to do the next time this happens

My cousin came to town last night and I picked her up at the airport. When I got there I went to the Big Board to check the status of her flight. Standing next to and a little behind the Board I saw a twentish couple engaged in an airport embrace. While I was looking for her flight, an older guy with long, browish-grey hair walked right up to them and said, "Hey, can I get a hug too?" I couldn't see the couple from where I was standing. The thought came to my head that he must be one of their dads, but then he turned to all of us at the Board as if we were his audience and said, "No sense of humor," and shrugged.*

I had the information I needed and I walked away, but I'm curious what things you all can think of that I might have done or said at any point in this situation to make it more interesting.

*The guy's voice is an important factor in this. Think of (or find someone who knows) what Dave Letterman sounds like when he is trying to sound like a real creepy dude (creepier than just regular Dave Letterman) and add a little more rasp to it. The second statement should sound like this: no SENSa YUma.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sylow_P said...

You did the right thing. Interferring in this kind of thing could end up getting Miss Kate hurt somehow, which I wouldn't recommend.

4:31 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Another option would be to say, somewhat loudly
"Carl! You've forgotten your medication again, haven't you? You know momma gets so upset."

Then run away.

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would've run around in a circle shouting "The Czar has arrived, the Czar has arrived" until airport security had come. They are very nice and have pudding back in their offices.

8:26 PM  
Blogger mary bishop said...

Fun blog..

you could have offered to hug the guy you know...like say in a loud voice:

Fuggetabout dem, hug me sweet cheeks...that would have put a different spin on the event.

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

CURRENT TERROR ALERT LEVEL
Terror Alert Level