Thursday, February 17, 2005

last plea from the depths

Yes, I am addicted to coffee. No, I hadn't any coffee in the past 35 years other than a sip of Turkish coffee served by a woman named Mama Sefarian in the Armenian Convent at the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem.

I set out to become a coffee drinker and all my friends and loved ones supported and encouraged me and I succeeded.

But did they mention the stench-strewn, black, underbelly where men's souls are raped and discarded and ridiculed? No.

Now I hear deranged laughter as I am taken in by sweet coffee's deformed, bastard-child, temptress and I become anathema to all that is good and pure and holy.

Curse thee, KahlĂșa! Curse thee and all others of your fabrica de licor de cafe hideous lineage!

God have mercy on my soul.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

now, now, harris. let's not go and blame coffee for all of this. maybe you just need to drink, i don't know, how you say- "less coffee"?

also, the "deranged laughter" and other strange phenomena could be in some part related to all of the painting you and miss k have been doing.

you must return to mama sefarian and beseech her to remove the yoke of coffee from around your neck. only she has this power.

may the force be with you
j

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You hath nothing to fear but an empty cup of coffee. Yes, you are addicted to this black widow of seduction. Don't fight it, as it owns you. Blaming your friends or family only demonstrates your lack of insight. Buck up Sparklestone. It is you who needs to look in the mirror. Hold that cup of Joe and salute your addiction as the only true friend or family you'll ever know. The coffee pulsing through your veins will guide you from now on. It's not your fault. Its the way it is meant to be.9

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

CURRENT TERROR ALERT LEVEL
Terror Alert Level