Monday, January 31, 2005

bad decision day

I stayed home sick today. That was a bad decision, mostly because I would probably have more fun at work than here. How sad is that? Then I decided to just keep sleeping. Too much sleep makes me groggy. It hasn't happened in a while, but there have been a few times when I have woken up from a nap and not known ANYTHING! Not who, not what, not where, not when, and I never know why. I am not that bad off today, but a little groggy nonetheless. Will this help my decision making abilities? Let's wait and see! Next I decided to make eggs. Good decision or bad decision? Trick question! The only other edible thing in the house is frozen butter. However, this brings on the Age-Old Question: two or three eggs. The answer for me should always be two eggs (refer to this post's title for actual answer). Next, the decision what to put on my seven eggs. I know I said we only had frozen butter, but it was just hyperbole. My stomach is a little off, so naturally I went with green salsa. Then I was innocently minding my own business when WHAM! the Mother of All Decisions: The salsa looked a little funny. Not fuzzy funny. Stringy funny. I think I finally aced one. Instead of putting it on my eggs, I decided that cooking them in the eggs would remove any funny. Then I decided to blog about it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sylow_P said...

I think the waking up stupid is a clear result of your torrid past. Too many Scotch soaked Cigars amigo. The salsa is another issue altogether. Much to my chagrin, in our house expiration dates are strictly adhered to. No matter what amount of evidence I provide, I somehow seem to never win that argument. I know a chemical engineer who works for a big pharmaceutical company. She told me that they expect consumers to use a drug up to two full years after it has expired, so they make the expiration date two years sooner than it needs to be. Isn’t that probably true of milk and polish sausages too?

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best bad decision day I (a young man at 16 in 1979)had was letting my mom give me a perm. Then letting her tease my hair with a comb. Thus creating a 4 inch high nest. Add a little VO5 hair spray and call the therapist cause there was no way I was leaving home till it grew out or was cut off.9

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure the eggs were fine...my sister says that eggs don't ever go bad & that they just change the dates on the cartons in the grocery store after expiry & stick them back out on the shelf. You can keep them for years! Taco sauce sure is tasty on eggs.

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

CURRENT TERROR ALERT LEVEL
Terror Alert Level