Thursday, February 17, 2005

we like the idea of fresh nutmeg, but we are lazy

We have redone our entire kitchen. Last night we made mushroom quesadillas, and I couldn't find the pizza cutter to slice them. I was told to look in the other utensil drawer. It seems we have two utensil drawers and they are grouped according to necessity. The drawer which is more central to the room contains the utensils more often needed and the drawer closer to the wall has the less needed ones. The pizza cutter had been designated as 'less needed.' Which is true. We rarely ever use it. We are having spinach quesedillas this evening and we will need the cutter again. So this morning when I was emptying the dishwasher, I decided to reassign the cutter to a higher status. I then wondered if the less used utensils would wonder what happened to the cutter. Actually, the thought manifested itself through my saying out loud, "Hey! Where's Stan?"
So then I found a utensil in the more needed drawer that wasn't really all that needed and put it in the other drawer so it could explain to the others where the cutter was. While I downgraded the nutmeg grater's status I said, "Ho ho! Even the mighty must fall."

Honestly, before this morning, I had no idea that kitchen utensils led such interesting lives.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sylow_P said...

There was a time when my mittens used to talk to each other, but they must have realized that I could hear them because they've stopped talking while I'm around. I miss listening in on them. Roger and Leone always knew what to say in any situation.

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an interesting conversation your dirty clothes hamper must have. "Hey here comes Larry, how was the bike ride? Seen Vince lately, he was hoping for a night out again, but of course ended up at the video store, coffee drive thru and dog park. This Sparklestone, when he's in public it's all mister two left feet, but in the car he dances around like a he's on Soul Train."9

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

CURRENT TERROR ALERT LEVEL
Terror Alert Level