Friday, February 04, 2005

jackpot winner

I learned how to play "How Deep is Your Love" on guitar this week. There is a version of this on the new album by Davey Ray Moor and it is very nice, so I decided to learn it. Recently there was an observation (complaint?) that I don't sing enough love songs.

Right now, I have to drop my voice down for the "and it's me you need to show...how deep is your love?" part, but I was practicing singing it in different keys on the way to work this morning and there may be a key were I can reach those notes and still sing the rest of the song. Probably not. I am not a strong singer.

The lady who wants more love songs...she thinks I am great singer. This is funny and sweet but sometimes not helpful. We recently saw a neighbor outside who we hadn't seen in a while and he had obviously put on weight. My wife said, "Man, Doug has got a belly goin'." I asked what would happen if I had a gut like that. She honestly said it would look good on me. She means it, too.

So, when you see a fat, balding guy singing off-pitch love songs to a woman looking dreamily at him...well, just do what I do. Let it happen.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not my fault. These antidepressants are just screwing up my entire body. I can't believe she thinks I'm fat.
-Doug

10:20 AM  
Blogger Miss Kate said...

I was walking around here at work this a.m., thinking a couple of things:
1. My entire life, I have always wanted someone to sing love songs to me and now I'm married to someone who does.
2. He doesn't just sing any old bubble gum love song, he is singing a love song by The BeeGees. And he's singing it to me.
You're right, Baby. I hit da jackpot.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Miss Kate said...

Sorry Doug. Ask your wife about it.

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ways to ruin your day. Have someone say "wow, you've got a belly goin." Or one of personal favorites; "Excuse me sir, how can I help you and your daughter." thinking I'm my wife's father. Then there is "Yea, I'll cut my hair like yours when I don't care what I look like anymore too." Lastly, "They stopped making shoes that small for men. You may want to try a woman's chunky shoe with no heal."9

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When was last time you saw a sanitized paper ribbon across a toilet bowl?

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

CURRENT TERROR ALERT LEVEL
Terror Alert Level