Friday, March 18, 2005

report #2

I am very worried about meals. I hate the thought of that many people eating in my house. Miss Kate just asked if I wanted make risotto for tomorrow night and the split second thought of cooking risotto for twelve or however many there are going to be while the kitchen is crammed with other people cooking side dishes and dessert and snacks and meals for people who won't like my risotto made me very nervous. I will be making risotto tonite for four while somebody else deals with whatever the other two people are eating. I may not enter the kitchen after that for a week.

Friday, March 18th, 5:30pm: already thinking about where to hide

4 Comments:

Blogger Sylow_P said...

What about all those thanksgivings we spent together fighting over who would get to cook next? Did I dream all that?

To be completely honest, I'm starting to think you're making all this up. The Sparlestone I know would have never opened a door to an overwhelming mob without an exit strategy. If you're just now looking for a place to hide, you're in deep shit.

8:36 PM  
Blogger sparklestone said...

I remember being stressed about the cooking on those Thanksgivings. When it wasn't my turn to be cooking something, I stayed far away from the kitchen.

Miss Kate has said all along that if I needed to go off by myself sometime I should. I think she knows the old Sparklestone pretty well too, because I really thought I would just stick it out. What was I thinking?

11:13 PM  
Blogger Miss Kate said...

You sure did make some great risotto tonite.

I have always found that when there are a million people around with whom I don't really want or know how to talk, I get by with drinking a lot of wine. Maybe you should try that strategy. If wine doesn't do it, howsabout some vodka? Ocelatl? Black Russian? Just don't say you'd prefer gasoline.

11:45 PM  
Blogger sparklestone said...

Lord knows that's the only way I made it thru Thanksgivings with those whackjobs.

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

CURRENT TERROR ALERT LEVEL
Terror Alert Level