Thursday, July 21, 2005

playtime v: the winner

Lots of people seem to think a person advertising their opinionatedness must be female. And lots seem to think it involves a pretty damned fancy car.

Not so on either account.

The answer to this week's plate is a male, white, fat, crew-cutted, retired cop in a Chevy Nova.

I am just taking all of the "elegant," "attractive," "hot," and "blogging" women out of the running.

Also, Matherita intrigued me by putting "she" in quotation marks. I wonder how this red neck lookin' cop would like being referred to as "she". But quotes or no quotes, I am narrowing it down to the two outright male guesses:

The Capt's Dr. Phil.

and

Nils' "white male republican in his mid fifties." (which interestingly is a pretty good description of Dr. Phil)

If the guy remotely resembled Dr. Phil this would go to Cap't but since he looked more liked the drawings of the cops from the drug convention in Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas, I gotta go with Nils.

Congratulations to this week's winner: Nils

keep watch for another installment of the License Plate Game coming soon at THORN AND THISTLE.

16 Comments:

Blogger Sylow_P said...

Not to be a pest, but I'd like to point out that this is my first complete failure at this quiz. I thought I'd get honorary dumbass at least.

Don't I always get my usual participant award in honor of all the green ribbons on my bedroom wall?

10:46 AM  
Blogger sparklestone said...

Holy Crap! I completely forgot!

How about the Honorary Squeaky Wheel Gets the Grease (Grease In This Instance Being An Announcement To The CyberWorld That You Are A Dumbass) Award?

11:05 AM  
Blogger Formerly known as crackhead said...

Where are my snaps for predicting a chinchy car?

12:50 PM  
Blogger sparklestone said...

OK, crackhead.

You get the Honorary Crackiest Head Snap

1:04 PM  
Blogger Sylow_P said...

Still the King!!

2:06 PM  
Blogger Formerly known as crackhead said...

That sounds like some sort of fabricated, hokey award!!!

3:16 PM  
Blogger Sylow_P said...

Perfect for a fabricated hokey memphis belle.

3:18 PM  
Blogger mary bishop said...

Congratulatons Nils!

Why did so many people think opinionated equals woman? Hmmmm

How did you know he was a retired cop?

Interesting plate and driver...!

3:28 PM  
Blogger sparklestone said...

mb, his car was plastered with retired cop association stickers.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Formerly known as crackhead said...

Sparky he might've been driving his wife's car that day....They have lady cops you know.

Sylow, I never claimed to be a belle. I possess far too much brute strength to be labeled as a belle.

4:48 PM  
Blogger sparklestone said...

crackmama,

you old bruiser you. the guy may not have been a cop BUT he was driving a car that had cop stickers all over it AND he looked like a cop.

he did not look like a woman in her early to mid 20's OR a free lance activist

face it, you lost.

5:04 PM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

I have to admitt I was too scared to comment on this one.

5:17 PM  
Blogger sparklestone said...

pg, why scared?

8:57 AM  
Blogger paintergirl said...

After my huge spelling error when I wrote flug instead of FLUNG, I'm embarrassed. And I got it into my head that Miss Kate was right and I couldn' t come up with a good guess.

1:38 PM  
Blogger sparklestone said...

pg, i did NOT know that was a spelling error.

I like the phrase "flug poo" and have been using it ever since you used it.

2:58 PM  
Blogger mary bishop said...

pg - I've been using flugging poo a lot lately and thinking I was way cool, not knowing there was a typo involved....

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

CURRENT TERROR ALERT LEVEL
Terror Alert Level