Monday, December 27, 2004

the madness that calls now

The Free States' Refrain says, "I Will Kill for the Good of the Fight for the Right to be Right."

I am not sure that I would. I am not sure I wouldn't either.

On Yom Yerushalayim, 5753, a friend and I turned mean. And I think many would agree you would be hard pressed to find two less mean fellows. If the answer to mob mentality unchecked inyourface aggression is turning the other cheek, then we failed that day. It's not lost on me that if there had been also been a mob that day of neo-hippie pacificts like us, we would of gotten bloody. The Good of the Fight. Yesterday, my dad was talking about the time he got in a bar fight in Berlin in the mid-50's. I asked how it ranked, on a scale of 1-10, as far as bar fights go. He said it was a one. My mom asked how it compared to the incident a few weeks ago when he was ready to pummel a guy who jumped in front of him at the Costco gas pump.

One day my kid will ask me how it ranks...as far as altercations with religious fanatic nutjobs on pseudo-holidays go.

I am not a fighter, yet I secretly hope for the opportunity to show that I am.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hold on cowboy, keep your powder dry. You gotta get street credit.

Plan ahead. Example, someone cuts in front of you while you're in line for a cappacino. Or, even worse, you find out your hair stylist gave your cut and blow dry to someone else. What's your move?

For the love of mankind, don't assume that stance captured in your profile photo.9

8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

More photos, less talk!

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sparklestone?

Sounds rather limp-wristed to me. Unless you're a pimp. The photo is pimp-like.

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Time to call out "Anonymous" who's making bad with the name Sparklestone. What do you prefer? Clearly, Sparklestone is man enough to promote himself with cool shades, Saturday Night disco suit, and check out the man bracelet. This guy is comfortable in his skin. What a breath of fresh air. I for one am tired of these Nancy boys who hide behind their Skoll T-shirt and couldn't prepare a creme brule if their life depended on it. Give Sparkestone a break. Bet he drives a Hemi.9

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

CURRENT TERROR ALERT LEVEL
Terror Alert Level